Tuesday, March 29, 2011

World Domination Through Home Papercrafting

Otto and I have been fiddling around with paper crafts this week. Once we finished with the awesome robot kit I found, I became obsessed and found so many more online that you can print yourself! Thick card stock, a sharp X-acto knife, and a color printer are all we need to rule over our own universe of dinosaurs, the Copernican solar system, and subduction zones. Oh, and a space hotel, too! Muhahahaha!

Once almost all our dinosaurs fell in the subduction zones or moved into the space hotels, Otto got bored and mumbled something about preferring to build real robots. I, on the other hand, am now obsessed with paper. So I moved on to time machines. "Out of a Delorean?" you ask. Yes, of course. What else? Now I just have to find some uranium. Or invent Mr. Fusion. Then I can travel back in time to the time of castles and knights and take the last remaining dinosaur with me. Siege weapons will rule the day!

Then back in the real world, I can print out a planisphere to use with Otto and John to find constellations at night. Perhaps we'll take up astronomy with earnest next!

The only drawback to my new hobby? Papercuts.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment