Monday, March 7, 2011

Have Needle and Thread, Will Buy in Bulk


It's been like The Shire around our house lately. Everything's been about fantasy. John and Otto have played hours of Castle Quest. Their D&D character sheets cover the kitchen table. I even found some of their game pieces in my coupon drawer! This is really getting out of hand. (Plus, I don't see why they don't organize everything nicely in a binder, as I do with mine.)

And John's taken up sewing. In his brief stretches of spare time between video games and D&D campaigns, he is making D&D costumes for Otto and himself. He has read some sewing books, made some sketches, taken measurements, dug out my old sewing machine, and even braved the fabric store. Most nights I hear the whirring of the sewing machine long after I'm in bed. He's taken over the dining room table with earth-toned fabrics and various metal accessories. I can't wait to see the end results, but I'd also like our horizontal surfaces back. We've been eating on the counter for a week!

I have to admit, though, I wish he was making me a costume, too. A cape please? Maybe I'll send him and Otto to Costco so I can whip up something for myself while they're gone. That is if I can find the shopping list among the characters, stats, and dice. Can't let them have all the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment