Thursday, February 24, 2011

Zombies! And Robots! And Laundry! Oh My!

Welcome to my spiffy new home for geek-tastic blogginess!

I wanted to come up with a really awesome opening post to engage everyone. You know, maybe write an epic essay comparing motherhood to Battlestar Galactica. Unfortunately, the day didn't quite cooperate with me.


As I was finishing up a project for a client, my genius son, Otto, had his latest robot experiment go haywire and destroy half the house.
Then
John, my husband, appeared through the rubble and shuffled about the kitchen zombie-like begging for dinner. He swears he was saying "Foood! Foood!" but all I heard was "Braaains! Braaains!"

And I certainly can't begin to discuss the poker game that our pet frog was hosting in our basement.

Needless to say, it's almost midnight and I am left with three choices:
A) Start writing that epic blog post about the parallels between family life and the battle against the Cylon empire
B) Watch an episode of Dr. Who on the DVR
C) Do laundry

Sorry people, but I think the Doctor wins. And as much as I love my family, wearing dirty socks tomorrow won't kill them.

1 comment:

  1. Funnily enough my choices for 8pm tonight are
    1. Sleep 2.Watch an episode of X-files Season One 3. Do Laundry. I will also be eating cookies baked while inevitably checking my facebook status!

    ReplyDelete